Saturday, January 31, 2009

A New Quilter is Born

During the holidays, I taught a beginner quilting friend who designed and made this table runner in one afternoon. She was very proud of herself and it is now part of her decor in her living room. I love to teach quilting especially to new quilters. It was great fun watching her creative process while she designed her quilt and sewed her quilt. Here is a challenge to all quilters - share your skills, inspire a new quilter. The average age of a quilter is 56 and we want to start a new generation of a quilters to sustain this beautiful craft and the quilt shops. It is important as an experienced quilter to share your skills with aspiring quilters. My daughter still does not understand why I cut up fabric to put it back together again but it is a huge puzzle to me - one of my other favorite pastimes. Congratulations to Sheena for her friendship and what a great job she did. I am proud of her workmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment