Saturday, July 9, 2011

My two Loves - quilting and travel

I have been so lucky in my life to have traveled to so many incredible places. This little girl was sitting at a market in Northern Vietnam in a village frequented by the Flower Tribe people and the Chinese selling and bargaining their wares. She clearly was bored with having to wait for her mother at market. The beauty of her face and her clothing made for a perfect snapshot taken by a good friend, Mitzi. Vietnam was a magical place of beauty, incredible food, bargains and culture.

I have so many wonderful memories of all of the majestic places I have traveled to - Borneo, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, New Zealand, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, England, South Africa, Canada, Switzerland and Turkey. Beauty is everywhere I travel whether it be to all parts of the world or in United States.

For me, traveling is about being out of your comfort zone and experiencing the culture and meeting new people. It is not the destination but the journey. May all of our journeys continue!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment